Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Settling In

Whoa. It's done. I'm out, and it feels good. Yesterday morning was really awkward and horrible. I packed after breakfast and tried to avoid Paule as much as possible and think of something to say to her as I left. Eventually everything was ready to go and Sebastian and Lan (Eurethmy student who cooks in Bracken) and Paule and I were in the kitchen and I was like, "Okay, so that's it....by Paule.." I walked over to give her a hug and she sternly put out her hand and said "Actually I don't want a hug from you. You are leaving us in a mess." So I shook her hand a little and said, "And I am really sorry about that," and she said, "well not really, but okay." And I turned around and left. Sebastian drove me and my stuff to Tourmaline in the pouring rain. Upon entering and seeing Kathryn (my new housemother), I knew things would be fine here. She has a completely different vibe about her, much more open and motherly. We lugged my bags up to the loft where I'll be living; a nice little space with potential to be even nicer. But man is it small! Also there seems to be a bit of a moth problem. I need to spend some time cleaning it this weekend. Ruaridh (rory) is fine so far, and I think I can deal with his mood swings just fine. The villagers are so independent compared to Bracken, it's amazing. We just had help-yourself breakfast and it was so great. Because we still eat together, which is good. Walking to the food centre now takes about a minute, and going to Honey Bee takes 15...so my day is a bit turned around, but I got back at 6:06 last night after milking, which means I'm getting really efficient with milking and getting home in time for supper shouldn't be a problem. Okay, 8 minutes to 9. Time to get ready. I'll put up some pictures soon.

No comments: